Sunday, July 29, 2012

Burlap Footballs







Last week, a friend at work ask if I could make her a burlap football.  Even though I had never made one, I said "Sure". Friday night I got on line and found several tutorials.  I made my first one on Saturday.  I am not going to post that photo because we will call it a learning experience.   I woke up this morning with a great idea on how I was going to make them.  My Mom is an LSU fan so I made one for her also.






The tutorial said to staple the front to the back and I DID NOT LIKE that.  I decided to stitch the front to the back with crochet yarn.  Once I cut the burlap, I painted the front part of the footballs with acrylic paint.  Once they dried, I started stitching the front to the back.  When I was almost complete, I stuffed them with left over plastic grocery bags. (Great way to recycle). 

I made 3 Alabama footballs and 1 LSU football (for my MOM because I Love her)





This is how I spent my Sunday afternoon.  

Have a great week!!!

xoxo
Sandra

1 comment: