Tuesday, July 17, 2012

AWESOME FEELING OF GIVING



Yesterday, I blogged about Project PURR and the Auction they have going on right now to help raise money.  This is a wonderful non-profit was started in May of 2011 by Stacey Lavender and her daughter CeCe Comptonto save cats from being euthanized at Animal Shelters.  The organization provides care and adoption services for many homeless, abused and unwanted cats and kittens.  As a non-profit, PURR relies solely on volunteers and donations. "This is so important to me, as these animals need a voice and they cannot help themselves," said Lavender.


As most of my friends know, I paint just because I love too.  This is not something I make money on.  I have sold a few pieces in the past, but I mostly just paint for the fun (therapy) of it.  Brit was the one who got me to thinking about a way I could help.  She suggested donating a painting with proceeds going to PURR.  In May, she came over one evening and we painted this Funky Kitty.  




I posted it on the Project PURR facebook page and someone bought it.  What a great feeling knowing that my Funky Kitty painting was helping.  

Sunday night as I was cruising Facebook, I noticed that the Auction has started.  I send a message to Pam and she posted this painting Sunday Night.  


By this morning, it had sold at the BUY IT NOW price of $50.00.  How cool is that!!!  I had decided last night to add Blue Kitty to the auction also.  


Blue Kitty.

When I woke up this morning and saw that the 3 cats had sold, I decided to put Black Kitty up for "adoption" also.  

If you would like to bid on either of these paintings or donate to Project PURR, please visit http://www.projectpurr-al.org/, on FACEBOOK, call 251.533.4770 or 251.300.1935 or email projectpurr@aol.com


PS




Landen's latest photo.  He is stalking Blue.


xoxo
Sandra

No comments:

Post a Comment