Saturday, July 7, 2012

Cajun Inspiration





As you can see in my profile, I love to paint.  I was cleaning the photos off my camera today (1419-way to many) and found some photos of paintings I have done in the past.  Thought I would share with you.  Scott and I lived in Louisiana for several years and I made some really great friends.  In fact, one of them invited me to a " paint party" at Corks-n-Canvas and I have been hooked every since.  I am not a professional painter.  I do this for fun.  

I love Cajun Food and I have found lots of inspiration for some of my painting from living in Louisiana.



My Aunt June owns P'Reaux's Cajun Mudbugs & Shimp in Yazoo City, MS and I painted the first 3 for her to hang in the restaurant.  If you are in that neck of the woods, go by and tell her I sent you!!!!




Keeping the Crawfish theme going, I painted this next one.  

"Party in the Boiler"






I saw the next two online and had to give it a try


"Crawfish Etoupee"


" Shrimp Scimpi"



Shrimp & Crawfish Etouffe, Eat Seafood Everyday.  I think so.  I love some fresh seafood.






And I love fleur de lis and this one with the Bayou Scene is one of my favorite.


And the last one, Sunset on the Bayou!!!!

Which one do you like?   I will be sharing some of my other paintings soon.   Have a great night!!!

xoxo

Sandra



1 comment:

  1. I like the shrimp scimpi and sunset on the bayou. I came in via the Alabama Bloggers. Oh and I could live on fresh seafood alone. Love it!

    ReplyDelete