Sunday, July 8, 2012

Fleur-de-lis

Don't you just love Fleur de Lis?  I know I do. I looked up the meaning of it and in French, Fleur means Flower and Lis means Lily.  Yes, I guess it does does look like a Lily.  Being from the south, and a New Orleans Saints fan, the first thing I think of is the NEW ORLEANS SAINTS!!!!  LOL.  


It is also a very beautiful symbol in art. When you see a Fleur de Lis, what do you think of?

I have enjoyed painting different fleur-de-lis over the last several years.  Here are a few that I have painted.   
This is the very first one I painted.  I gave this one to my Mom to put in her Fleur de Lis half bath.  
This is the other one I gave to her.  
One of my fellow co-workers wife is a teacher, so I gave her this one.  




A few more I have done.

Fleur-de-Lis also reminds me of Mardi Gras so I painted a few with that theme.


These last 3 are my favorite.




Bayou Scene

Roll Tide Roll!!!  Even found a way to  get Big Al in on the action.
This is the last one I painted on July 4th.  I really like how this one came out.


I am now trying to decide what Fleur de Lis to paint next.  Any suggestions?



No comments:

Post a Comment