Friday, August 10, 2012

Doritos Taco Bake & Zip List




I found this Very cool Website ZIPLIST.  It help make grocery shopping quick and simple.  It has a personal recipe box, shopping list for all the ingredients you will need for the recipe, meal planner and coupons all in one place.  It also has an app for the I-phone so the grocery list is always with you and if you are like me, that is very helpful because I always seem to leave mine at home.  You have thousands of recipes to choose from on this site, but you can also upload from other websites (works GREAT with Pinterest).  Once you have your recipe, you can click on the list icon and it will add all of the ingredients needed for the recipe.  Freaking Amazing.  I will explain more about it in another post soon.


Recipe Search
  

One of my favorite Blogs, PLAIN CHICKEN has some awesome recipes and many of hers on this site also. 

Now on to the good stuff!!

I saw the words DORITOS and TACO in the recipe line and I knew I wanted to try it.  Scott browned the ground beef while I put the crescent rolls in the pan.  He add the taco seasoning & tomato sauce and let it simmer 5 minutes.  He poured the meat mixture over the crescent rolls, and then I layered the sour cream, shredded cheese and Doritos.  Put in the over and let it bake for 30 minutes.  Out comes the yumminess.  




DORITOS TACO BAKE

1 can refrigerated crescent rolls
1 lb lean ground beef
1 pkg taco seasoning
1 8oz can tomato sauce (You can use Rotel tomato sauce)
8 oz sour cream
1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
3/4 bag Doritos, crushed

Preheat oven to 350 degrees

In a large skillet, brown ground beef.  Drain off fat.  Stir in taco seasoning and tomato sauce, simmer 5 minutes.

Press crescent rolls on the bottom of a 9 x 13 pan lightly sprayed with cooking spray.  Press seams to seal.  Top crescent rolls with meat mixture.  Spread sour cream over meat.  Top with cheese and crushed Doritos.

Bake for 30 minutes.


I think Scott liked it (yes, that is his plate).  Mine looked the same.  This one recipe makes enough for us to make two meals out of it.  Give it a try.  Easy and delish!!!!

xoxo

Sandra

No comments:

Post a Comment