Monday, September 3, 2012

Lexi's Art becomes a Tea Towel


Carley Posted the Picture below on Facebook today that Lexi drew

Lexi's drawing of our family...she even included Lilly:)

As soon as I saw it, I knew what I was going to do.  I had pinned a pin on Pinterest awhile back just for this moment. 






Supplies needed.  
1-Flour Sack Kitchen Towel, pack of 3 -Mainstays brand-Walmart
2-Ultra Fine Point black permanent Sharpie marker
3-Black and white photocopy of child's art work
4-2 straight pens

Tutorial:
Wash and dry the flour sack towel.
Place photocopy on table, with the printed side facing up (make sure something is under the photocopy to protect your table).
Place towel on top of photocopy.
Pin the towel to the paper in 2 places to prevent shifting.
Trace the drawing onto the towel using the Sharpie. (The towel is see through enough that you can see the drawing underneath).  After the first tracing, I went over the lines once more with the Sharpie to make the lines darker.

That's it.  Your are done.  

I made one for Carley and one for Me. (Ninny needs some artwork of Lexi around the house!)

Give it a try.  VERY easy!!





No comments:

Post a Comment