Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Scrappy Skirt

For my Scrappy Lexi and Lilly

Picture from LolaBebeBowtique on Etsy

When I saw this Scrap Fabric Tutu on Etsy, I knew I was going to try to make one.  The best part, it does not require sewing so I did not have to pull out the sewing machine.  Living in a one bed room apartment, that can be a pain. You can use fabric scraps and get creative.  Go crazy.  Since Pinterest is the GO TO site to find anything you need to know.  

I found a blog, Create Kids Couture with the pattern for that had the size for Lilly, but not for Lexi as she is a size 8.  Since my angels live 4 hours away, I took my tape measure into Walmart and measured a little girls skirt to see what size I needed to make.  I then found this blog, The Happy Housewife, that helped me determine how to make the one for Lexi.  



Here is one I made for Lilly


Here is the one I made for Lexi.  

I can't wait to see them on the girls.  I will post pictures with them trying them on.  

I made a quick trip north this past weekend to spend Mother's Day with them. I was able to suprise them and pick them up from Day care early.  Then to Jacks for ICE CREAM!!!   Saturday we met up with Rachel, Carley's first cousin who was babysitting 3 sweet girls close to the same age as Lilly and Lexi. And one handsome little guy, Harper was with his Mom and Dad, hanging out with all the girls.  




We went to the Barnyard in Tuscaloosa and had a blast.  If you are in the area of Northport, you have to check it out.  Lots of hands on feeding, boat ride in pond, and hay ride around the farm.  


Have a great day

xoxo
Sandra


No comments:

Post a Comment